Sorry for the lack of updates! I’ll try to get back to commutative algebra at some point, but real life has been intervening a lot lately. In the meantime, I’d like to shamelessly ask that my readers help me out on some unanswered questions of mine on Math Overflow:
- Modular curves of genus zero and normal forms for elliptic curves
- Is a non-analytic proof of Dirichlet’s theorem on primes known or possible?
- What are the possible sets of degrees of irreducible polynomials over a field?
- When is a monic integer polynomial the characteristic polynomial of a non-negative integer matrix?
- Which topological spaces have the property that their sheaves of continuous functions are determined by their global sections?
- Is it always possible to compute the Betti numbers of a nice space with a well-chosen Lefschetz zeta function?
Any responses are appreciated!